Friday (10/7/16) we started receiving multiple reports that Windows 10 computers trying to print to Konica printers are being prompted with a popup asking "Do you trust this printer?" which indicates that Windows must download and install a driver for the printer.
We are investigating this issue but do not have a behind-the-scenes fix at this time.
If you are faced with this issue, the easiest way to deal with it is to stop, close all printing and driver installation windows, delete the offending printer and re-install it.
- Click the start icon.
- Click the settings icon (gear)
- Click "Devices Bluetooth, Printers, Mouse
- Click the offending printer, and click "remove device".
- When the printer has been removed, we go back to the start icon.
- This time when the start menu appears, we type in "\\printers" (without the quotes) . There is no need for a box to type in, just type \\printers and hit enter.
- This will open a window from which you can select your desired printer.
- Double-click it and it will ask you if you trust this printer.
- Click Install Driver and it should install the driver for you and you should be good to go.
The whole process should take less than 2 minutes.
As always, if you need assistance, you can call the help desk at 3711. However this issue has generated many calls so you may not reach someone right away.